Here are the top Frequently Asked Questions about website design that I have gotten so far:
- I have no idea where to start. Can you build me a website from scratch? Why, yes I can! Most of my clients have little to no experience in building sites, branding and publicity. Some just don’t have the time. I can take you step-by-step through the process and make sure everything looks just the way YOU want it!
- I want my own .com. Can you get that for me? Maybe. It matters whether the domain name (ex: yourname.com) is available for purchase. If it is, I can get it for you. If it isn’t, I can help you be creative to find a domain name that you’re happy with! Search for your domain name HERE.
- What costs are involved in setting up a new site? First, you have to buy the domain. Depending on who you use to register it, costs can fall anywhere between $7 – $15 per year. I recommend registering with either WordPress or GoDaddy. Next, you must choose a host. Both WordPress and GoDaddy offer hosting plans, which cost $5 – $15/month (GoDaddy) or $99/year (WordPress, which includes a customizable site); alternatively, I have an associate who can host your site for $6/month. Last, but not least, you will probably want content on your site. I can build that for you to your specifications. Contact me for an hourly estimate.
- How long does it take you to set up a site? Of course, this depends on what kind of site you want. If it’s complex, it’ll take me longer. If I need to interview you and write the copy myself, it’ll take me longer. If I need to go take pictures for your site, it’ll take me longer. But if you already have the text/copy and images you need, I can usually get a nice looking first draft up in a couple of hours.
- Can you write copy for me? Sure! I can email you an interview and then write something professional for you to put up on your site.
- What about pictures and images? If you don’t have pictures, I can come out and take some for you. I can also find some royalty-free images for your site if you don’t have any.
- Do you make logos? Not at this time, but I can refer you to people who do.
- What if I want to make changes to my site later? Just let me know what you want changed and I’ll make them for you. I bill by the hour.
- I already have a website, but I want to change it up. Can you do that? Yes. I just need your current hosting information (which I will NEVER share with anyone) and can login to make changes for you.
- I already have a website, but it’s outdated. Can you make a new site but keep my current host? Yes, absolutely.
- I want to register a new domain and have my current site content moved to it. Can you do that? Yes, I can do that for you with your current hosting information.
- I don’t need a site, but I want to buy a domain name. Can you do that? Sure, I can do as little or as much as you need.
- Will search engines be able to find my site? Yes. You can assist me in setting up SEOs, or Search Engine Options, that will help engines like Google and Yahoo bring your site up easily during a customer’s search.
- I want a Facebook page to go with my site. Can you do this? Yes. It’s common for me to set up a Facebook page along with a website and link the two.
- Will I be able to log in to my site and Facebook pages as an administrator? Yes. I provide you with an informational document that will list all you need to take over the management of your site(s).
If you have any questions that were not answered here, feel free to contact me and ask! There are no “stupid” questions, so ask anything!